This year our Ward's Christmas party was especially exciting, as Nate was invited to play Santa Claus for the kids!! Nate isn't one to usually get nervous about things, but he was so funny about playing this role. All week, he kept asking me if he should use a different voice and if I thought that any of our former or current Primary children would recognize him. He was REALLY nervous! The hardest part, though, was keeping the secret when Abby was around!
The evening started with coloring to keep Abby, Aunt Sam, and Uncle Brady occupied.
There was dinner...
and a program by the Primary kids:
At first , Abby said she wanted to be an angel in the play,
but quickly changed her mind. All she wanted to do was cuddle!
(Not taking a nap that afternoon probably had a lot to do with the level of crankiness.)
Santa and I snuck away during the dinner, so he could get ready. And then,
it was time to make his big debut:
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox greeting |
Nate really enjoyed getting to be Santa and spending time with the kids!!
There were big kids:
And little kids:
Kids who were super excited:
And kids who just weren't sure:
And, of course, the kids who tried to run for their lives!
And, even though Abby initially had a melt down about NOT wanting to see Santa, we eventually talked her into sitting on his lap and telling him what she wanted for Christmas! I was so glad when she finally came around, because I'm not sure we'll get this kind of opportunity again. I just keep thinking about how fun it will be for her when she gets older to have the pictures with her Daddy Claus!!
And I couldn't resist sneaking in a little photo-op of my own!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

3 comments:
THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, that was from Rita!
Best looking Santa I'VE ever seen....:) Too cute!
Post a Comment