Friday, July 1, 2011

Shall we try this AGAIN??!!

Wow. Has it seriously been since November that I posted ANYTHING on our blog!?  And even then, it was only about stuff that happened 13 months ago!!  Yikes.  

I have no excuses.  I have a renewed desire to make posts.... if nothing else, to simply be able to have something we can call a "family history!"  I will try to continue posting the highlights of our lives month to month until I am caught up!
JUNE ~ 2010
We opted to spend Father's Day weekend camping near Swan Valley with Kami, Jason, Rylie, and Dustin.  The kids spent lots of their time throwing rocks into the creek. Nate spent lots of his time throwing rocks at cows.  (Side note:  it's a little alarming to wake up to strange noises outside your tent, and be greeted by a cow's face inches from your own when you unzip the tent "window" to see what's going on!)  And, our new little puppy, Chloe, spent her time eating cow poop!  (Which, consequently, led to a week of the runs at home  --  good thing Daddy is the poop scooper!)  


There was four-wheeling, motor-biking, and occasionally we relaxed, too!  On Sunday, Jason asked if we wanted to go for a little "walk."  Hours later, and on the verge of heat stroke, we arrived at the top of the mountain!  It took a LOT of effort for those of us who weren't in very good shape, but we made it!  By the time we decided to head back down, both of our "girls" refused to go any further!  Nate ended up carrying Abby much of the way, and I ended up carrying the puppy!  Seriously!  The reward was a drive to the Commissary for square ice cream cones!  We had a really good time, and we all arrived home without incident!  Unfortunately, while trying to put away some of our camping gear, I slipped on the stairs, fell to my rear, and cracked my wrist against the wooden hand rail!

June also brought an unexpected but fun "reunion" with my former mission companion, Michelle Nelson Patillo!  It was great to see her and her family and catch up on old times!

And on June 22nd, we welcomed the addition of a handsome, "little" nephew.... Emerson Dean Prestwich!
The Prestwich sisters hosted a shower for Sam and little Emerson!  It was so much fun and they got a lot of really fun gifts!

The Bathtub Punch Bowl and Rice Krispy Treat Rattles!
Booties and Diapers!


Billy Bob Pacifier!  Too Funny!


Sam's Mom and Sister, Janica

Several of Sam's Friends came, too!



 June was definitely a fun and eventful month for us in 2010!

More to come later!







3 comments:

The Platt's said...

FINALLY!!! Yay! I love being able to "see" you! Fun that you saw Michelle!

srccwlnw said...

:) Keep it up Sista!
Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

Ok now that I'm moving you're going to have to keep this blog updated as best as you can! Even if there aren't any pictures on your posts!! ha ha :)