Friday, September 25, 2009

We Need More Gas

Abby and I had a funny conversation the other day after she emerged from the bathroom-having made some interesting noises while in there.
Here's how it went:

Abby: "Mommy, my tummy hurts."
Me: "Oh, huh. Does it feel like you need to throw up?"
Abby: "No."
Me: "Well, does it feel like some one is poking you in the tummy?"
Abby: "Yeah."
Me: "It sounds like you probably just have some gas."
Abby: "Ummmm. No, I think I'm running out of gas, Mommy. We need to go get some more."
Me: (Stifling the giggles as much as I could) "Go ask Daddy for some....he ALWAYS has plenty!"

Abby just stared at me in confused and stunned silence while I nearly fell off my chair from laughing so hard!

I guess she would have better understood what I meant if I'd said maybe she just needed to fart.....(sigh)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hilarious...from the mouths of babes :)

Heather said...

You have a blog and I did not know! Found your link on the myfamily website. I will totally blogstalk you now - just giving you fair warning....

Anonymous said...

What did you expect? She's a Law isn't she? ;)

Rita