Saturday, May 30, 2009

Here We Go Again

I got a very upsetting phone call Thursday mid-morning. Abby was refusing to eat or drink anything and had a fever of 101.4. Nate was concerned about the way she was behaving. We called the Dr. and they made us an appointment at 2:40 p.m. It's hard being an hour drive away for work sometimes....I wished I could've been there with my little Munchi! Thank goodness that Abby has an amazing daddy who takes such good care of her.

Another troubling phone call at 3:20 - Abby had to be re-admitted to the hospital. Nate said she was pretty brave during the first attempt at putting in an IV, but she got pretty upset when they had to make a second attempt. Maybe it was a good thing that I was stuck at work during that part! After a very LONG night, with not much sleep, Abby was finally released around 10:00 am the next morning. She had developed an infection, but she is doing much better now that they've given her some stronger antibiotics!

No comments: