Saturday, May 16, 2009

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

One of Abby's favorite Primary songs is "I Love to See the Temple," and imagine my joy, when she recently had taken to saying (pretty frequently) that she wanted to go see the temple. She's a great example to her Daddy and I, so for a Family Home Evening night a couple of weeks ago, we took her to see the temple.




It was a little cloudy and chilly that evening, but we quickly felt warmth in our hearts as we looked at all the neat displays in the Visitors' Center (including a smaller version of the Christus that they even let the children touch), checked out some of the (barely) blooming flowers on the grounds, and let Abby touch the wall of the temple.


She didn't quite understand why she couldn't go in, but now she says all the time, "Mommy, I need to eat all my food, so I can get bigger and go to the temple!" I pray that she will always have such a strong desire.



We are so blessed to have a temple so near to us, and hope we will be able to continue to cultivate a love and respect for the temple in ourselves and our little Munchkin!!

And what Family Home Evening would be complete without treats!?



No comments: